If outdoor storage is not handled properly, it may not only pollute and deform the centrifugal pump, but also cause irreparable damage to the components. At the same time, it will bring inconvenience and hidden dangers to the installation and operation of the centrifugal pump.
All inner surfaces, internal parts of the pump body and bearing housings should be coated with a layer of rust preventive oil, except:
(1) Special requirements from users;
(2) Stainless steel components.
Unless otherwise specified, all external surfaces should be painted, except for fasteners, stainless steel parts, shafts and couplings. The surface of the pump shaft and coupling should be coated with rust preventive oil;
All external openings (such as pump inlet and outlet flanges, pipeline interface flanges, and discharge port screw holes) should be sealed.
When the ambient temperature is below 0℃, after the pump is tested and completed at the factory, all drain valves should be opened to confirm that the cooling water system, sealing flushing system and liquid in the pump body have been completely drained. Especially for the sealing and sealing flushing systems, after the liquid is drained, it is best to blow it with air again to ensure that there is no liquid residue in the sealing chamber.
The anti-corrosion measures taken at the factory can ensure that the pump is stored outdoors for 6 months under the following conditions:
1) Place it on a wooden block 150mm above the ground;
2) Cover it with a plastic film. The thickness of the film should be ≥ 0.15mm. Seal it with tape and cut a ventilation hole with a diameter of 13mm every 1.2m in the direction of the base (cut a hole at each end of the base for small pumps).
Remove the mechanical seal pipeline from the pump group for proper storage, inject lubricating oil into the seal chamber through the sealing flushing port to protect the sealing surface. The opening left on the housing after the pipeline is removed should be sealed;
The pump should be stored on a wooden block 150mm above the ground;
Provide a simple shed, cover or package the pump to avoid direct sunlight or other natural damage to the pump group;
Every 6 months:
(1) Check the inner surface of the bearing housing and all parts inside the bearing housing, and apply rust preventive oil again;
(2) Check the surface inside the pump (such as the shaft and coupling) that has not been painted, and apply rust preventive oil again;
(3) Check whether the shaft seal is clean and damp;
(4) If the lubricating oil system, seal pipe, and lubricating oil pre-filled in the seal chamber have been drained, drain and refill the lubricating oil and seal flushing pipe, and inject lubricating oil into the mechanical seal through the flushing port.
If the equipment needs to be stored outdoors, the user should provide this information to the pump manufacturer/supplier in advance.
If the user has rich experience in outdoor storage of equipment, appropriate storage can be carried out based on consultation with the centrifugal pump manufacturer/supplier.